Plant based burger recipes can be very simple to throw together and delicious. Here are some simple guidelines as well as several recipes!
Thank you https://www.instagram.com/crazzolaraphotography/ for the image!
What you need to make a delicious veggie burger that holds its shape are a few key components: a base, ingredients to keep it moist, binders, and flavor boosters.
My favorite veggie burgers have 5 ingredients or less. ~Dr. Megan Mescher-Cox
Here is a general guide to allow you to be as creative as you like. These are just a few ideas to stimulate your imagination:
Here are a couple of Dr. Megan's favorite recipes:
Chipotle Black Bean Burger Disease Prevention & Reversal, www.prevdoc.com https://www.prevdoc.com/post/balsamic-portobello-burgers
Ingredients · 2 cans black beans · ½ cup corn, fresh or defrosted · ½ cup breadcrumbs · ¼ cup red onion, diced · 2 tablespoons salsa · 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water) · 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce · 2 cloves garlic, minced · 2 teaspoons cumin
1. Make flax egg: In a small bowl, mix flax egg ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Make burgers: In food processor, add beans, onion, chipotle pepper, garlic, and cumin and pulse to desired consistency. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add salsa, breadcrumbs, flax egg, and corn. Combine well.
4. Form patties and refrigerate for 1 hour (or can store in freezer)
5. Cook patties: Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes each side, brown in a skillet for 8 minutes each side, or grill (I’d recommend grilling on grill paper).
Note: If cooking beans from dry the measurement is 3 cups of beans.
Serve patties on whole grain buns, on greens, and top with your favorite healthful toppings, such as guacamole, avocado slices, lettuce, onion, salsa, unsweetened ketchup, mustard, or your favorite hummus.
Balsamic Portobello Burgers Disease Prevention & Reversal, www.prevdoc.com
https://www.prevdoc.com/post/chipotle-black-bean-burgers Ingredients · 4 portobello mushrooms · ¼ cup balsamic vinegar · 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning · 2 cloves garlic, minces · Black pepper to taste
1. Clean and de-stem mushrooms. Place in a glass baking dish with the underside up.
2. In a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Use a brush to coat mushrooms. Flip mushrooms over and repeat. Flip back over and let marinade for 30 minutes.
3. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Flip the mushrooms and brush for more marinade.
Serve Portobello burgers on whole grain buns and top with your favorite healthful toppings. A few great options: avocado slices, arugula, roasted red bell pepper, hummus, pesto, etc.