This rich and filling burger is smoky with just a hint of spiciness. This one should definitely be in your regular rotation!
Chipotle Black Bean Burgers Disease Prevention & Reversal, www.prevdoc.com Ingredients · 2 cans black beans · ½ cup corn, fresh or defrosted · ½ cup breadcrumbs · ¼ cup red onion, diced · 2 tablespoons salsa · 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water) · 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce · 2 cloves garlic, minced · 2 teaspoons cumin
1. Make flax egg: In a small bowl, mix flax egg ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Make burgers: In food processor, add beans, onion, chipotle pepper, garlic, and cumin and pulse to desired consistency. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add salsa, breadcrumbs, flax egg, and corn. Combine well.
4. Form patties and refrigerate for 1 hour (or can store in freezer)
5. Cook patties: Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes each side, brown in a skillet for 8 minutes each side, or grill (I’d recommend grilling on grill paper).
Note: If cooking beans from dry the measurement is 3 cups of beans.
Serve patties on whole grain buns, on greens, and top with your favorite healthful toppings, such as guacamole, avocado slices, lettuce, onion, salsa, unsweetened ketchup, mustard, or your favorite hummus.