Updated: Jan 16
This flavorful, versatile hummus can be used as a dip, spread, or thinned out to use as a dressing!
Hummus is an excellent substitution for other less healthy toppings. A high protein, high fiber, whole food plant based way to add deliciousness to all sorts of meals and snacks.
Why Make Your Own:
So many store-bought tubs of hummus contain extra things a healthy body doesn't need like oil and added salt.
Smokey Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Plant Based for Life, www.pbforlife.com Ingredients
· 2 – 15 oz cans of chickpeas (save liquid)
· 2 tablespoons tahini
· ½ lemon juiced
· 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
· 2 teaspoons garlic powder
· 2 teaspoons onion powder
· ¼ cup nutritional yeast
· 2 roasted red peppers
· 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1. Add all ingredients to blender plus half of aquafaba (liquid from canned beans).
2. Blend on high for at least 1 minute. If too thick, add more aquafaba until the mixture moves in the blender on its own. Careful not to add too much or it will be too runny.
3. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
4. Blend one more full minute and enjoy.
5. Refrigerate in a sealed container. It will thicken as it sits.
Note: If cooking beans from dry the measurement is 3 cups of beans and you can use the water that you cooked them in ½ cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Video: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus